A developmental program for competitive curlers. Our goal is to instill excellence in all of our athletes to achieve their next level of curling.
- Tuesday 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Technical review & drills. Athletes will be broke into 2 groups and participate with on ice delivery support rotating every two weeks (11 weeks each group)
- Thursday 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm
- Dryland fitness training at GARC studio lead by qualified Fitness Tech every week (22 weeks)
- Certain Thursdays will be psychology training lead by Lisa Rogerson.
- Friday 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Private practice ice for junior plus athletes
This program is aimed for junior curlers that have a desire to broaden their overall skill set, develop as a dynamic player at any position and compete in the AB Winter Games 2020, Canada Winter Games 2023 and/or compete in current 2019/20 Curling Alberta qualifiers. Teams will set their own junior spiel schedules in events across Alberta with their coaches.
Parent or team coaches are encouraged to participate on ice as much as possible for the sessions. Coaches will need to be certified for on ice coaching at provincial events. We strongly encourage that someone on the support unit of the team to become certified. See the Curling Alberta website for coaching clinics.
Juniors will be confirmed enrolment by TBD.