The Sherwood Park Curling Club offers a comprehensive Learn to Curl Program for adults that deals specifically with teaching beginners to thrive in the arena environment.
You will learn:
Our goals are:
- To ensure that all curlers enjoy their experience on and off the ice.
- That you will be welcomed with open arms by instructors who strive to share their knowledge and love of the sport.
- To improve your general knowledge of the sport of curling as well as foster a love of all aspects of the game, both on and off the ice.
Time: Sunday afternoons 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Start Dates: FALL - October 20, 2019
Dates: Oct 20, 27. Nov 3, 24. Dec 1, 8, 15
WINTER - January 5, 2020
Dates: Jan 5, 12, 26. Feb 9, 23. Mar 1, 8
Cost: FALL - $195/player (7 sessions) WINTER - $195/player (7 sessions)
Updated: May 14, 2019
Program Coordinator: TBD
If you do not own curling equipment of any kind, do not worry! We will provide the necessary on ice equipment.
You are required to bring:
- A flat soled shoe
- Loose fitting clothing with LAYERS
- Gloves (optional)
You should avoid:
- Shoes with hard soles
- Any clothing with loose parts or fuzz of any kind
We will provide:
- Grippers for both shoes if necessary
Our Adult Learn to Curl coach for the past 3 year, Sarah Brown, has moved out to Camrose and is now the Manager of the Rose Prairie Curling Club. As we wish her good bye and see her head up the curling program just down the road from us, we are now actively seeking a coach and junior coordinatoor for our Adult and junior programs.
As soon as this position is filled, we will update you all on our program leader. Thank you for our understanding! Filling Sarah's curling shoes will be a slippery task :)