With the increased interest in our SPCC evening leagues, we are adding this new league to meet the desires of our NEW members trying to get into the club and current members wanting to play more. THAT MAKES US HAPPY!
So, who is interested? Are you a mens only team? Women’s only? A mixture of both (open)? Juniors wanting to play with adults or Juniors only? Rookie team trying to move over another night or play a skill level up?
Time: Wednesday 8:45 PM - 10:15 PM
Cost: $570/team ($190/player)
League Rep: Ron Michaud
SPCC Triples Simplified Curling Game Rules
The new SPCC Triples league planned for Wednesday nights will use some of the traditional 4 player game rules as well as some of the mixed doubles rules of play and incorporating them in this new triples game. The game being proposed and developed really fall somewhere in the middle of both the four (4) Player and the two (2) player mixed doubles game for a three (3) player game that can build on teamwork and player roles and accountabilities by playing all team positions within a typical curling game.
- The game has a minimum of three (3) players playing all three positions, and is an open curling game format.
- The game is six (6) ends for a short and quick game concept with the emphasis of players playing all positions. Delivery of stone in all situations, judging speeds and sweeping the delivered stone and calling the game strategy in various situations as the team skip for two ends.
- The teams declare their starting position LEAD SECOND and SKIP and the leads delivers the first two stones on ends one and two in the same rotation for the first two ends.
- Players then all move up one position: lead to second, second to skip and skip to lead for the next two ends three and four. For ends five and six the final position change whereby the lead is the skip.
- There are two teams positional rocks 7 and 8 that are placed prior to starting each end. See attached drawing Fig 1 where the guard belongs to the team throwing first stones and the rock in the house back button for team that has hammer in that end.
- No opponent team stones in play, guards or in the house can be removed prior to the forth delivered stone or the team with hammer, leads second (2nd) stone of that end.
- In the event of an infraction, all stones are returned to their original position by the non-infracting team.
- A minimum of three players per team delivering 2 stones per end and scoring per normal curling rules
- One power play per team can be called by the team with hammer in any end of the game.
- Points are scored and recorded as in the normal traditional curling game.
The Finalized and SPCC Triples rules will be available in time for league starting games.